Did you know that the way you think about the physical activity you do affects how your body responds to it?
Do you realize that our mental interpretation of the signals our bodies are sending during exercise can be more important to success than the actual signals?
Are you aware of the way that physical activity affects our ability to remember and think as we age?
How would you like to activate the production of “Miracle-Gro® for the brain”?
Do you know what cost-free, drug-free intervention has been shown to be at least as effective as pharmaceutical methods in combating depression in many people and also has benefits for supporting individuals experiencing Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder or recovering from addiction?
The synergistic relationship between body and mind can benefit all of us. It is a bi-directional relationship; the mind influences the body, and the body influences the mind.
Some forms of movement, like yoga, Pilates and SoulCycle, intentionally seek to emphasize the interaction between body and mind, and sport psychology has utilized the connection since the late 19th century.
We are just two weeks away from spring. This is a great time to start moving if you have spent too much time on your couch or been otherwise sedentary this winter or to step up your activity level if you are already someone who moves your body on a regular basis. All of us can benefit from setting appropriate physical goals and taking action to achieve them.
“If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.”
Setting a physical goal—and it doesn’t have to be anything dramatic like running a marathon or cycling across the country—and using techniques to actively engage our minds in the process of achieving it can be a tremendous boost for our mental and emotional well-being.
I am very aware of how much physical activity has done for me over the last few decades and how much it continues to do for me every day. I teach a Wichita State University online, self-paced, 0.5-credit-hour badge course called Mind & Movement. (You can still register for this semester! Click here to get started.)
Because I believe so strongly in the symbiotic relationship between mind and body, I am offering my totally free Spring into Action Move for Your Mind 30-Day Kickstart Class inside my JustWind Community Facebook group. I would love to have you join us.
Registration opens today and will run through the first day of class, March 20, 2021—which happens to be the first day of spring!
In this class you will:
- Set a physical activity goal of your own choosing, incorporating both outcome and progress (strategy) targets
- Learn how to set a goal that is both achievable and motivating
- Understand more about how our body and mind interact to support each other, enhancing both mental and physical well-being
- Be guided to progress safely toward your physical activity goal
- Experience actionable techniques that enhance the interaction between body and mind
- Utilize positive psychology to improve your quality of life and increase your chances for success
- Receive practical tips for supportive nutrition and hydration—regardless of how gentle or intense your physical activity is
- Become motivated to take your progress during the 30-day class into life beyond the class
- Get inspired to use your improved mental, emotional and physical well-being to make the difference you want to make in the world
- Have access to the free companion workbook I have designed for the class.
All of this will take place within the safe and supportive environment of my private JustWind Community Facebook group. (If you are already a member of the group, simply send me your email address in a private message to let me know you are interested and receive access to the companion workbook.)
Along with other content, during the 30-day class, there will be:
- Weekly Facebook Live lessons
- Weekly Q & A sessions where you can submit questions ahead of time or ask questions live during the broadcast
- Replays available after live sessions
- Guided visualizations
- Journaling exercises
I would love to help you Spring into Action for yourself. Please click here to request to join the JustWind Community Facebook group. You will be prompted to enter your email address if you want the companion workbook.
You’ll have access to existing group content as soon as you join, and the class will begin on March 20, 2021, the spring equinox.
I’m setting my own goal and working through the process as I guide you through it. Let’s motivate each other!
While you are waiting for the class to start, click the button below to subscribe to my newsletter and receive a link to download my Blossom 2021 Self-Coaching Workbook to get you inspired. (This is a different workbook from the one you will receive in the course.)
Follow the JustWind Coaching Facebook page here. (This is not the group, just my business page.)
I want to reach as many people as possible with the inspiration and information in this class. Please share this post with your social media connections and/or invite individuals to join the course with this link.